Google Play Services is an Android operating system app that allows us to have all the applications updated,because it takes care of checking that all the Apps installed on our mobile have the latest version available.
The main function of Google Play Services is the authentication of Google’s services, contact synchronization, access to the latest contact settings user privacy, as well as services that are location-based. Google Play services play an important role while using a mobile with Android operating system, because if you don’t have this App installed, some apps may not work properly.
How to Install and Update Google Play Services?
As we mentioned earlier, Google Play services have quite useful functions, because they allow us to synchronize our contacts and enter the most up-to-date security settings for the user, that’s why we’re going to show how easy it is to make your installation on our device and how easy it is update Google Play Services to its latest available version, just follow these steps:
- First open the main menu of your mobile, go to Settings and look for the “Application Manager”option.
- Then you need to select “Google Play Services”.
: There we will find a number in parentheses,those numbers give us all the information we need about our phone. The numbers tell us the following:
- The first number indicates information about the Android version.
- The second number indicates the architecture of the mobile or CPU.
- The third number indicates information regarding the screen or the number of dots per pixel it can support (DPI).
After we know this information we can download the latest update of the Google Play Services,you have to make sure that it has the same encoding, here’s what to do:
Update Google Play Services for Android
If we have a mobile device with Android that has the following versions, “KitKat, Lollipop or Marshmallow”,it will be completely simple to update Google Play Services to its latest version,although if you have the option of ” Automatic Update” you won’t notice. To verify that we have the “Auto Update” option active just follow these steps:
- Open the main menu and search for the Google Play Store,enter it.
- Then go to the drop-down menu in the top left corner.
- Continue going into the Settings which are at the end of the options.
- Then you must go to the option of “Automatically update Apps” in order to activate it, it is important that when we are connected to a Wifi network you have this option activated.
By following these steps you will get the apps installed on your mobile device, such as Google Play Services,are updated at the very moment they detect a new version available, so you can be sure that you will have the Google Play Services App updated to its latest version at all times.