Messenger is an application that is currently dethroned WhatsApp as the best instant messaging platform. More and more users are encouraged to try it, either out of curiosity; or the need to reconnect with friends who already use it. In any case, every day that passes are more people who wonder how to download and install Messenger on a mobile. And is that the main community that seeks to enter this App, are users of Smartphones and even Tablets.
Considering this, we have now set out to teach you how to install Messenger on a mobile quickly, easily and above all; secure. Since on many other websites they focus on teaching you how to download APK files, for which they put direct links. We prefer to use the official methods (app stores). And whenever we recommend an APK we do it from 100 percent secure websites.
Steps to Download and Install Messenger on a Mobile
It doesn’t matter if your device has an Android, iOS or Windows operating system; the instructions to follow to download and install Messenger on a Mobile are extremely simple. In fact, it doesn’t matter if you have a Tablet instead of a Smartphone; as long as it has any of these operating systems, you can install Messenger by following these same five steps. You can rely on the images we prepare for you.
Five Steps to Follow
- Open the app store on your Smartphone (or Tablet). On Android Smartphones and Tablets it is recognized by the name Play Store. For Apple devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) the store is the App Store. While in the case of Windows Phones, the store is called Microsoft Store.
- Type Messenger in the search engine. Regardless of which app store you have, there’s a search bar at the top of your screen when you open it. There you have to type Messenger and tap on the magnifying glass or “Enter” to search for the App in the store.
- Choose the right app. After the above you will be sent to a screen with the results obtained by the search. Because of its popularity, Messenger should appear to you in the first place. But there are several Apps that try to imitate her so be very careful. In any case, the best thing you can do is choose the Messenger app that just below says“Facebook”(in the Play Store) or“Facebook, Inc.”in the (App Store).
- Select the Installbutton. After choosing Messenger (from Facebook) from the results, you will be sent to the descriptive screen of the App. There you must select the Install button. But you’ll also be able to review Messenger’s overview, features, and user feedback and ratings.
- Wait for the process to finish: When you click Install, you will start downloading and installing Messenger on your Mobile. At this point, all you can do is wait for the process to finish. After which you can start enjoying this amazing instant messaging app.
Important details to consider
- If you have a Smartphone running Windows 10,you should keep in mind that the Microsoft Store will simply appear to you as a “Store” in case you have the device in Spanish. As for its search bar, it does not seem automatically; you must deploy it by pressing on the magnifying glass at the bottom of the store first.
- In addition to the above, it is worth mentioning that Smartphones with Windows 8 and 8.1; are now almost obsolete. So in them the Messenger App no longer works.
- For Android devices, it is recommended that the operating system version be 4.1 and up. While iPhones, iPads and iPods Touch; they must have iOS 9.0 or higher to support Messenger normally.
- If you have access to a Wi-Fi network, make sure you have this feature active on your Smartphone or Tablet. Depending on your device, Messenger can take up from 50 Mbs onwards; and downloading something like this with mobile data can be a sizable blow to your pocket.
- You can sign in to Messenger Mobile with the same data you use to access the Facebook website. If you don’t already have a profile, you can create a Messenger account by selecting the“I don’t have a Facebook account”option when you first open the App. From there you only have to follow the instructions.
- An account created from Messenger does not generate a Facebook profile (either for the App or its web version).
- Never leave out updates. Check out our guides to learnHow to Update Messenger on Android?, How to Update Messenger oniPhone? andHowto Update Messenger on Windows Phone ?.