Quickly and easily connect and control your smart home devices through SmartThings.
SmartThings is compatible with 100s of smart home brands. So, you can control all of your smart home gadgets in one place, including your Samsung Smart TV and smart home appliances.
With SmartThings, you can connect, monitor and control multiple smart home devices quicker and easier. Connect your Samsung smart TVs, smart appliances, smart speakers and brands like Ring, Nest and Philips Hue – all from one app.
Then control your smart devices using voice assistants including Alexa, Bixby and Google Assistant
– Build routines that are set on time, weather, and device status, so your home runs smoothly in the background
– Allow shared control by giving access to other users
– Receive status updates about your devices with automated notifications
※ SmartThings is optimized for Samsung smartphones. Some features may be limited when used with other vendors' smartphones.
※ Some features may not be available in all countries.
※ You can also install SmartThings on Wear OS-based watches.
※ SmartThings for Wear OS is only available when the watch is connected to a mobile phone. You can get a quick access to routine run and device control by adding SmartThings tile on your watch. We provide SmartThings complications that allow you to enter SmartThings app service directly from watchface.
– RAM size : 2GB over
– Galaxy : Smart View to support screen mirroring
※ App permissions
The following permissions are required for the app. You can use the app without optional permissions, but some functions may be limited.
• Nearby devices : (Android 12 ↑) Used to scan for nearby devices using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
• Notifications : (Android 13 ↑) Used to provide notifications about SmartThings devices and features
• Camera : Used to scan QR codes so you can easily add members and devices to SmartThings
• Microphone : Used to add certain devices to SmartThings using high-frequency sounds
• Storage : (Android 9~11) Used to save data and share content
• Files and media : (Android 12) Used to save data and share content
• Photos and videos : (Android 13 ↑) Used to play photos and videos on SmartThings devices
• Music and audio : (Android 13 ↑) Used to play sound and video on SmartThings devices
• Phone : (Android 9) Used to make calls on smart speakers and show information about people sharing content with you
• Phone : (Android 10 ↑) Used to make calls on smart speakers
• Contacts : (Android 9) Used to get phone numbers of your contacts to send text message notifications and to show the names of people who send content to your devices
• Contacts : (Android 10 ↑) Used to get phone numbers of your contacts to send text message notifications
• Physical activity : (Android 10 ↑) Used to detect when you start pet walks
In order to provide you with better services, some features have been improved in the new version.
- Provides multiple device onboarding by scanning various products’ QR codes.
- Provides default manually run routines that may be helpful for new users of Routine.